The Voodoo Contest Group is a group of US and UK hams dedicated to participating in the CQ World Wide CW Contest each year whilst having life-experiences in different (and sometimes challenging) countries.
We are taking a rest for 2015, however we have already started planning for 2016 so watch this space!
The Voodoo Contest Group hit the road again for CQ World Wide CW in November 2014, going to Kuwait to enter the Multi/Multi category from the contest station of Hamad, 9K2HN. This is the second year running that the group has operated from an existing station and is starting to define the way the group may operate for the foreseeable future.
Operators were Hamad, 9K2HN; Ned, AA7A; Don, G3XTT; Ray, G4FON; John, G4IRN; Mike, KC7V; Dave, N4QS; Bud, N7CW and Bob, W6RGG.
The group was aiming for an Asian Multi/Multi record. With the solar flux high, this seemed a real possibility before the contest.
A BIG thank-you to Hamad, 9K2HN for hosting us; also his friends, particularly Ahmed, 9K2QA for cooking and providing superb hospitality and humour all week.
What is the Voodoo Contest Group?
….like taking over hotels and turning them into World-Wide Contest Winning locations!!
Please feel free to browse the pages and share the memories.
- Six world first place finishes
- Five times ‘Contest Expedition of the Year’
- Over 250,000 contest QSOs
- Over 1,000,000 QSOs outside contests
- Travelled over 50,000 miles on African roads and dust tracks
- Over 8 million air-miles logged
- Over 5,000 spaghetti bolognaise dinners consumed
- Lots and lots of jokes and laughs!