The Voodoo Contest Group is a group of US and UK hams dedicated to participating in the CQ World Wide CW Contest each year whilst having life-experiences in different (and sometimes challenging) countries.
PZ5V OQRS now open: http://www.m0urx.com/oqrs/logsearch.php
What is, and who are, the Voodoo Contest Group?
The Voodoo Contest Group is a group of US and UK hams dedicated to participating in the CQ World Wide CW Contest each year
. For almost 20 years, this was from West Africa…. however after all those dusty roads, uncomfortable border crossings, dodgy hotels, huge logistical problems.. but most of all after nearly 20 years of meeting wonderful people, huge pile-ups and loads of fun, the Voodoo Contest Group moved on.
This site is an archive of photos, memories and stories of the travels and experiences and serves as a memento to current ‘dudes and as a memorial to the ‘Voodudes’ who are no longer with us.
The map shows the African countries visited over 19 year period; other pages on this website show pictures of the road-journeys between them, the friends that were met, the crazy things that were done…..
….like taking over hotels and turning them into World-Wide Contest Winning locations!!
Please feel free to browse the pages and share the memories.
- Six world first place finishes
- Five times ‘Contest Expedition of the Year’
- Over 250,000 contest QSOs
- Over 1,000,000 QSOs outside contests
- Travelled over 50,000 miles on African roads and dust tracks
- Over 8 million air-miles logged
- Over 5,000 spaghetti bolognaise dinners consumed
- Lots and lots of jokes and laughs!